WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Revealing the Past - T.A. Chase My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/revealing-the-past-by-t-a-chase

Archeologist Geoff Dupuis is thrilled to come to Italy to search for evidence of a fifth century encampment on Poveglia Island. However, his guide, Dr. Enzio di Salvatore, lands on the opposite end of the excitement spectrum. Enzio warns him of the ghosts living on Poveglia, but Geoff doesn’t care about such nonsense. What he does care about is getting to the island…and into the pants of the gorgeous Enzio.

Enzio doesn’t want anything to do with Poveglia, and wouldn’t be Geoff’s guide if his job didn’t depend on his agreeing to go with the handsome American. Enzio has a dark history with the spirits on the island and when he and Geoff are forced to spend the night on Poveglia, Enzio will need Geoff’s help if he hopes to survive.

There’s real danger when things go bump in the night in Revealing the Past. Ghostly menace adds some spine-tingling chills, but the heat between Enzio and Geoff is sure to warm you right back up. The spirits on Poveglia Island take center stage in Revealing the Past, their threatening presence casting a shadow over the romance aspect of the story. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I liked Enzio and Geoff so much that I do wish they were the stronger presence in the book. Still, Revealing the Past is an enjoyable story that kept me engaged from beginning to end.