WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
I'll Be Home For Christmas - Adrianna Dane My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/illbehomeforchristmas.ad.html

As teenagers, Destrie Two Rivers and Benedict Webster were best friends. When friendship became love, and that love got physical, not everyone they knew was supportive, to say the least. Destrie is badly injured in an attack and leaves their small home town to join the army.

Eight years later, Destrie comes home for his foster father’s funeral and finds that some things never change. Not his feelings for Benedict, and not the prejudices of some people. Will the obstacles, past and present, in the lovers’ way keep Destrie away from Benedict? Or will he finally find his way home for good?

It takes more than love to make a relationship work, and that’s the problem Adrianna Dane’s heroes face in this tale of love in the face of adversity. I’ll Be Home for Christmas features two men who are meant to be, but have one hell of a road to travel to get to their happily ever after. Both Benedict and Destrie and sexy, engaging heroes and I wanted them to be able to take their relationship from a series of encounters to something more permanent. I admit I grew a bit frustrated with Destrie at times, though perhaps that was simply because I, personally, connected more with Benedict. Still, Ms. Dane has never written a story I haven’t enjoyed and that record holds with the appealing I’ll Be Home for Christmas.