WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin) - Anna Campbell My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/seven-nights-in-a-rogues-bed-by-anna-campbell

To repay her sister’s debt and save Roberta from the wrath of her abusive husband, Sidonie Forsythe is prepared to sleep with a monster. For seven days, she’ll give her body to the notorious Jonas Merrick, a man Roberta claims is so scarred he’s frighteningly hideous. But on her arrival at Castle Craven, Sidonie discovers that not everything is as she was told. Jonas is no monster, but rather a sensual, arresting man whose seductive ways and tortured soul call to Sidonie.

Jonas is determined to do everything in his power to get back at his evil cousin. The pièce de résistance of his plot for vengeance will be sleeping with his cousin’s wife. Then Sidonie shows up in her sister’s stead, and the spirited beauty changes his plans in more ways than one. Jonas thought he’d hardened his heart long ago, but seven nights with Sidonie prove him wrong.

Brought together by chance, drawn together by desire, will Sidonie and Jonas find themselves bound together by love? Or will secrets and old enemies tear them apart?

Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed will grab your attention from the very first line and not let go! Anna Campbell starts Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed with a bang, creating a deliciously gothic atmosphere that develops into something far more real as the book goes on. The result is an entrancing, evocative romance that will leave you wanting the next Sons of Sin book.

Sidonie is the kind of heroine I simply adore. She’s intelligent, brave, lively, and willing to sacrifice anything to protect those she loves. However, Sidonie’s not perfect; she experiences genuine moments of doubt and fear as she falls for Jonas, leading her to make some big mistakes. I liked that she wasn’t flawless; it made her more realistic. It was easy to cheer for Sidonie to find love with Jonas, because I liked them so much, both separately and apart. Speaking of Jonas…even though he has less-than-honorable intentions toward Sidonie in the beginning of Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed, I loved him. Jonas learned at a very young age that few people could be trusted and even fewer could be counted upon. He’s a loner, scarred both internally and externally. That Sidonie sees him, accepts him, and comes to love him for all that he is, is one of the joys of Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed. Bit by bit, Sidonie’s love heals Jonas, and that’s enough to make any romance lover’s heart sigh.

Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed is the beginning of Ms. Campbell’s Sons of Sin series, and boy does Ms. Campbell have me eager to read the next two books. The three heroes of the Sons of Sin series – Jonas and his boyhood friends, Richard and Camden – couldn’t be more different…on the surface. If one only looks at the faces they present to the outside world, Jonas is the bitter, powerful hedonist, Richard the golden rake, and Cam the perfect duke. I loved seeing all sides of Jonas in Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed and I simply cannot wait to learn more about the charming Richard and the delectably intriguing Cam.

All of Ms. Campbell’s books are on my keeper shelf and Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed will be no exception. From its Beauty and the Beast-like elements to its very non-fairytale-like blistering sensuality, Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed entertains. I loved Sidonie and Jonas and I can’t wait to read their story again and again and again!