WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Handcuffs and Headlocks (Rawlings Men, #3) - Kim Dare My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/handcuffs-and-headlocks-by-kim-dare

Ed Rawlings is one of the best undercover cops there is. The only problem is, Ed’s beginning to burn out. He’s having more and more trouble separating the real him from the roles he plays, and he brushes off the concern of his family with his bubbly charm. Said charm doesn’t quite work on Derby FitzGerald. The serious martial arts instructor may be attracted to Ed, but he keeps insisting that the “games” he and Ed play have to end sometime. Will Ed’s struggle with his own identity break them up before their relationship has a chance to truly begin?

A man who’s lost himself begins to find his way (with the help of a gorgeous hero, of course) in Handcuffs and Headlocks. What interested me about Handcuffs and Headlocks wasn’t the relationship between Derby and Ed, but rather the idea of an undercover cop being so into his job that he can’t bring himself to separate fantasy from reality. Ed fascinated me and I was engaged watching his struggle to learn who Ed Rawlings is. The relationship between he and Derby is entertaining, with some light BDSM elements, but if you’re familiar with Ms. Dare’s Rawlings Men series, the romance in Handcuffs and Headlocks is pretty much standard fare for the Rawlings Men stories. Overall, Handcuffs and Headlocks is a sexy and fast-paced read that I definitely enjoyed.