WitandSin

Wit and Sin

I Spy a Naughty Game - Jo Davis My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/i-spy-a-naughty-game-by-jo-davis

All of SHADO, a covert homeland security agency, is on the hunt for an ex-agent who is planning to sell an imaginably powerful weapon to America’s enemies. SHADO agents Blaze Kelly and Emma Foster are part of a team that’s going undercover to target their former colleague’s backers. Being thrown together by the mission is both heaven and hell for Blaze and Emma. The two were lovers until Emma broke it off after learning of Blaze’s D/s lifestyle. Though they still love one another, Emma can’t quite wrap her mind around the idea of being Blaze’s submissive…though part of her secretly yearns for it.

When the two discover that their mission will require them to pose as Master and sub, Blaze eagerly takes the opportunity to win Emma over. He’ll push her boundaries, seduce her into exploring the most hidden parts of her sensuality, and reopen her heart to him – and with so many lives at stake due to their mission, this time, Emma has nowhere to run.

Jo Davis scintillates in the sizzling I Spy a Naughty Game. The second installment of Ms. Davis’s SHADO Agency series moves with lightning speed, and is, on the whole, entertaining. I will admit, I Spy a Naughty Game lacks some of the spark its predecessor, I Spy a Wicked Sin had. Blaze and Emma are incredibly likeable heroes, but they never fully came to life for me and were often overshadowed by more intriguing secondary characters. Their mission, while important, plays second fiddle to the erotic content of the book, which isn’t a bad thing, except that it lessened the depth of the world Ms. Davis set up in I Spy a Wicked Sin. Add in a few editing errors that were noticeable enough to pull me out of the book, and I Spy a Naughty Game felt a touch more like erotica with a splash of plot than I would have liked. However, I would still stress that I Spy a Naughty Game is a fun read and there absolutely are fascinating characters in the story that captured my interest. I enjoyed I Spy a Naughty Game, but perhaps the book’s biggest impact on me was that it left me wall-climbingly impatient for the next SHADO Agency book, I Spy a Dark Obsession. I admit to having peeked at who the third SHADO Agency’s protagonists were and, I assure you, if you read I Spy a Naughty Game, Ms. Davis will leave you hungry for the next book as well.