WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
One Weekend - Cheryl Dragon My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/oneweekend.cd.html

You can’t have sex and stay friends. At least, that’s what experience leads Gus to believe. Tom’s determined to prove him wrong, however. Tom’s been in love with his best friend since college, but he’s held back from telling Gus for years. That’s all over now. Under the pretense of showing that you can stay friends with someone after having sex with them, Tom challenges Gus to give him one weekend to prove his point. But lust doesn’t always mean love, so what will happen if Tom reveals his true feelings to Gus?

There’s something particularly sweet about falling in love with your best friend. Cheryl Dragon plays up both the sweetness and the spice in the delicious One Weekend. Both Tom and Gus are incredibly likeable guys, so it’s easy to root for their finding happiness with one another. It’s all a matter of them stepping outside the comfort zone of friendship and taking a chance on what could be a whole lot more.

I adored One Weekend. As with all of Ms. Dragon’s stories, One Weekend is red-hot. But it’s the endearing nature of the heroes and their love story which makes this delightful tale a memorable one.