WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Hexed - Blayne Edwards My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/hexed.be.html

Nikki is hexed, vexed, and, lately, under-sexed. The beautiful psychic has been swarmed with sprits ever since the first one discovered she could hear them. The spirit infestation is so bad, Nikki has had to name them by letters of the alphabet just to keep track, and even then she ran out of names. In the chaos that is her life, only one spirit, the one Nikki calls G, calls to her on a personal level.

G isn’t really dead, but Nikki doesn’t know that. “G” is actually Dan, who astral-projected into Nikki’s room as part of his paranormal research one night. Since then, Dan has fallen hard and fast for Nikki and she for him. But Nikki thinks Dan’s a spirit so there can be no chance of a relationship for them. What will she do when she discovers Dan’s been keeping the truth of his very alive self a secret?

Spirits and psychics and sex – oh my! Hexed is a delicious ghostly adventure on this side of the veil with two smart protagonists whose road to happily-ever-after isn’t as impossible as Nikki first believes. Nikki is a whole heck of a lot more patient than I. She may compare the infestation of spirits to cockroaches, but if I had to live with the madness she does, I’d likely go insane. As for Dan, he definitely makes a mistake keeping his not-dead status a secret, but he makes up for it by trying to help out the woman he loves. Dan and Nikki fit together as a hero and heroine should and steam up the page while doing so. Blayne Edwards has delivered a wonderfully erotic story with Hexed and I enjoyed every bit of it.