WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Truth or Dare - Leigh Ellwood My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/truth-or-dare-by-leigh-ellwood

Rock star Brady Garriston needs to jump start his career and – after his girlfriend dumps him – his love life. Brady knows he needs to get out of New York City and he thinks the answer to all his problems can be found in the small town of Dareville, Virginia. Brady intends to keep a low profile in Dareville by posing as Gary Stone, but his ruse is hard to keep up when he meets Ellie Shaw, the cousin of the girlfriend Brady wants back. The fact that Ellie looks like his ex is a mark in her favor, and Brady hopes to win Ellie over in order to woo his ex. But soon Brady finds that it’s Ellie he wants, not her cousin. It’s also Ellie who inspires him like no other. That may be all well and good for him, but what will happen when Ellie learns the truth of his deception?

What happens when an aging, hedonistic rock star meets a would-be sex kitten school teacher? To find out, you have to read (or listen to) Truth or Dare. While I enjoy erotic romance, even those that land more on erotica side of fence, I still like to have three-dimensional characters in my story, which was missing for me in Truth or Dare. Brady and Ellie’s journey felt more like hormones-gone-wild than an actual story and there was an almost teenager-like feel to their behavior and dialogue. I listened to Truth or Dare rather than read it, so my lack of enjoyment can be partly (though I can’t honestly say how much) attributed to the narrator, whose reading of Truth or Dare was a touch over the top. I really wanted to like Truth or Dare, but the erotic escapades weren’t intriguing enough to compensate for the missing depth in Ellie and Brady.