WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Witches Anonymous - Misty Evans My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Aug09/witchesanonymous.ME.html

Witch Amy Atwood isn’t your stereotypical Glinda the Good Witch. No, she’s a Satan-worshipping, wicked witch through and through, and is quite happy about it until she catches Lucifer in bed with her sister. Then it’s off to Witches Anonymous and a renouncing of her powers for Amy. When she meets sexy firefighter Adam Foster, Amy figures he’s a delicious compliment to her new, normal lifestyle.

But the devil doesn’t give up so easy. Lucifer wants Amy back and he isn’t taking no for an answer. To make matters worse, the angel Gabriel is now on Amy’s case with an agenda as his own. It’s all almost too much for a newly-reformed witch to bear and Amy only has until Halloween to figure a spell-less way to get herself out of trouble.

Spirited and fun, Witches Anonymous is like a breath of fresh air. It’s energetic, sharp, and, much like Amy’s beloved Dove chocolates, utterly delicious. Misty Evans has a lively voice that comes right off the page, giving her characters a spark I found truly enjoyable. I adored Amy from the very first page. Although she possesses magical powers, her attitude makes her easy to identify with. Her hero, Adam, is everything a hero worth sighing over should be. And Lucifer (or Luc, as he likes to be called), isn’t your average version of Satan. He’s seductive to the max and I must admit Ms. Evans made me feel a bit of sympathy for the devil. A fast-paced tale that is completely spellbinding, Witches Anonymous is not to be missed. Wickedly entertaining!