WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Outback Sizzle - Alexis Fleming My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/outbacksizzle.af.html

American Cassie Mitchell has been dreaming of meeting Australian cowboy Chase O’Connor for years and if she has to plot with his mother and pretend to be a paid companion to do so, then that’s just the way it’ll have to be. What she doesn’t expect is Chase to discover Cassie’s plan and decide to exact a little erotic revenge. But when a little outback fling starts turning into something more, both Chase and Cassie are going to have to come clean if they want a chance at turning lust steeped in lies into something real.

If you’re looking for a hot time, Outback Sizzle is just the book. Alexis Fleming starts this sexy book off red-hot and doesn’t let up. Chase and Cassie fall in love fairly easily, but they have to make their way through each others’ lies (and boy, do those lies pile up) in order to make their relationship work. I enjoyed Outback Sizzle, but I did become a bit sidetracked keeping track of each lie, who was in on what, who knew but was pretending to be unaware, et cetera. While the characters were, at heart, good people, both Chase and Cassie were so frustrated by the secrets they were keeping that it wore on them, making them a slightly less dynamic pair in some parts of the book. Still, for sheer sizzle factor, I give the aptly-titled Outback Sizzle high marks.