WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
All Worked Up - Cathryn Fox My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Dec09/allworkedup.CF.html

Candace Steele, daughter of famed movie director Jason Kane, is used to men who only want to get close to her to be introduced to her father and his connections. Fed up, Candace joins her two best friends, Lindsay and Anna, in swearing off men. But when the trio’s new client requests that, in addition to restoring an old Victorian home and turning it into an inn, each woman design a bedroom based on their personal fantasy, Candace finds herself, well, a bit worked up. Especially with paint stripper Marc Collins on the job…

Marc is well aware of the flirtatious glances Candace is throwing his way. Though he’d like nothing more than to give into the desire growing between them, Marc has a secret that prevents him from getting involved with Candace. Namely, he works for her father and he’s been assigned to guard Candace until the person sending Jason threatening letters is caught. He shouldn’t get involved with Candace, but some temptations are just too hard to resist.

As befitting a story with two extremely athletic protagonists, All Worked Up hotfoots it to happily ever after with stops for sin and seduction along the way. Cathryn Fox has delivered a fast and fun tale that sparks with the energy of its delightful characters. It’s easy to become invested in Candace and Marc’s romance, as both are incredibly likeable people. The obstacles on the lovers’ road to happiness aren’t big, making All Worked Up simply a lovely tale of two people who were meant to be.

All Worked Up is the second story in Ms. Fox’s highly entertaining Pleasure Inn series and it’s even better than the first. For the most part, All Worked Up can stand on its own. However, those who have not read All Tied Up will miss out on the mystical setup concerning Candace, Anna, Lindsay’s unusual client. This doesn’t impact the romance, but some things in the book might seem a bit odd if you have not read All Tied Up.

All in all, I’d say that Ms. Fox has a winner on her hands with All Worked Up. I greatly enjoyed reading it and cannot wait to read Anna’s story.