WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
One on One - Cathryn Fox My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Dec08/oneonone.CF.html

For Taylor Dayton, it’s heaven and hell having drop-dead-gorgeous Christian Bain as a best friend and neighbor. It may be wonderful having all those ice cream and movie nights with Christian, but Taylor can’t help but want more. Finally, Taylor decides enough is enough and comes up with a plan to seduce the playboy firefighter of her dreams.

Christian is doing everything he can not to ruin his friendship with Taylor by adding sex into the mix. But when Taylor shows up on his doorstep needing erotic advice on how to pick up a man, Christian’s good intentions go out the window. When Christian discovers it’s him Taylor wants to seduce, the sexy fireman decides it’s time to turn the tables. Taylor’s little game is about to get a whole lot hotter.

Better put in a call to your local fire station, because One on One is hot enough to burn! Cathryn Fox has delivered a sizzling, scintillating romance that made me smile and wish I had a sexy, single fireman living next door. I love a story where the protagonists are best friends who have been secretly in love with one another but each is unaware of the other’s desire. It’s so much fun to watch the barriers crumble, and I enjoyed watching that happen for Taylor and Christian. The only drawback to One on One is that the firemen puns were slightly overdone and there were a few points where the prose was a bit purple for my taste. Yet, all in all, I found One on One to be a red-hot delight.