WitandSin

Wit and Sin

The Hanukkah Surprise - Rebecca Lynne Fullan My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/the-hanukkah-surprise-by-rebecca-lynne-fullan

Andrew hates surprises, but when David asks Andrew to give him three days for a surprise vacation as his Hanukkah present, Andrew can’t resist giving David what he wants, especially since his boyfriend seems to always ignore Hanukkah. However, David’s surprise doesn’t exactly go as planned. The pair is locked out of the rental cabin and when they do finally get in, Andrew discovers the place has a freakish stuffed and mounted moose as a resident. Still, Andrew is determined to show David he appreciates the surprise by giving David one of his own. But to make his Hanukkah surprise a success, Andrew will have to uncover and heal old wounds of David’s first.

Rebecca Lynne Fullan brings all the warmth and joy of the holidays to life in The Hanukkah Surprise. I immediately adored the usually-cheerful David and his studious, serious lover. They were fantastic together and Ms. Fullan brought them to life beautifully. I adored the blend of sensuality, heartbreak, love, and humor in The Hanukkah Surprise. Each aspect of the story charmed me, particularly the quirkier elements which made me laugh out loud. Add in the best makeshift menorah I’ve ever read about and The Hanukkah Surprise is the perfect Hanukkah-time romance. What’s more, it’s simply an engaging story that is sure to delight readers any time of year.