WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Having Patience - Debra Glass My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/having-patience-by-debra-glass

It’s his wedding night and James Camplyon, Earl of Somerset, can’t wait to bed his new countess. But while it’s understandable that his bride would be nervous on their wedding night, what surprises James is that Patience isn’t flat-out terrified. Unwilling to force himself on her, James instead gives Patience a box of salacious novels and instructs her to pick a scene for them to act out each night. Patience discovers she loves giving up control to her husband, but still she holds back. It will take all of James’s patience to strip away the layers and discover the source of his wife’s fears before he can truly have Patience, mind, body, and soul.

Debra Glass weaves an erotic spell over readers in the sensual Having Patience. James and Patience are two newlyweds who are a perfect match – or will be once James learns why Patience is petrified of sex. I won’t reveal why Patience fears sex, but I will say that Ms. Glass makes her problems understandable. James endeared himself to me with his efforts to get through to Patience. He’s by turns tender and commanding, caring and sensual, but Ms. Glass gives him all these traits without making James seem superhuman. It’s easy to like both protagonists, which is why I read Having Patience in one sitting, not stopping until James and Patience had their happily ever after. As with all of Ms. Glass’s stories, I finished Having Patience a thoroughly satisfied reader and I cannot wait to see what new tale Ms. Glass delivers next!