WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Mistletoe at Midnight - L.B. Gregg My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/mistletoe-at-midnight-by-lb-gregg

Owen Mackenzie’s family has come to Vermont for Christmas and Owen is ready for a full-fledged Mackenzie family holiday. He’s just hoping that for once his mother has left her matchmaking skills at home and no actuary waits in the wings hoping to be Owen’s Mr. Right. Upon arriving at the inn, Owen is stunned to find that, while his mother isn’t playing matchmaker, Mr. Right is staying at the very same inn…or rather, Mr. Used-to-Be-Right is. In high school, Owen fell in love with Caleb Black, who then broke his heart by leaving without ever sending word. It’s been years, and Caleb has changed, but the feelings Owen has for him haven’t. Owen’s wary of trusting his heart to Caleb once more, but fate – and a little family interference – has a way of breaking down the walls Owen has placed around his heart.

Mistletoe at Midnight is simply one of those stories that will make you happy when you read it. LB Gregg brings just the right amount of sweetness to this sexy holiday romance. Owen and Caleb have the “average guy” feel to them, making it easy for readers to connect with the pair. I loved that Ms. Gregg showed readers not only their second shot at happily ever after, but the story of how they first fell in love as well. Seeing both the then and now gave me a better understanding of how Owen and Caleb fell in love and gave their romance an overall stronger impact. Mistletoe at Midnight is a charming, wonderful story that kept me entertained from beginning to end. Mistletoe at Midnight is the first story of Ms. Gregg’s that I’ve read and it won’t be the last.

Note: Mistletoe at Midnight is also available in the His for the Holidays anthology.