WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Archangel's Viper
Nalini Singh
Progress: 12 %
Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Lois Lane Tells All - Karen Hawkins My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/lois-lane-tells-all-by-karen-hawkins

Susan Collins has always wanted to be Lois Lane, but The Glory Examiner, the one and only newspaper in Glory, North Carolina, is a far cry from the Daily Planet. Plus, her boss, Mark Treymayne, is no Clark Kent…even if he does look the part. Mark’s goal is to make The Glory Examiner profitable and he doesn’t like it that Susan’s alienating some of their readership with her newest stories. Then Glory’s Murder Mystery Club – a group of CSI-loving octogenarians – opens a crime lab at the assisted living center and life in small-town Glory really gets crazy. Can Glory’s own Lois and Clark figure out what’s at the bottom of all the strange things happening in their town? Or will their most distracting attraction for one another be their own personal kryptonite?

Karen Hawkins delivers one snappy story in the sassy Lois Lane Tells All. Ms. Hawkins blends romance, intrigue, comedy, and a dose of geekiness perfectly, making Lois Lane Tells All one fun read. I adored Superman-loving Susan and slightly-stuffy Mark. The sparks they strike off one another are red-hot and their banter priceless. Add in a cast of quirky secondary characters, including the members of the Murder Mystery Club, and you’ve got one rollicking romantic comedy.

Lois Lane Tells All is the sequel to Talk of the Town, the story of Mark’s sister Roxie and Susan’s former boss, Nick. There are a few spoilers for Talk of the Town in Lois Lane Tells All, but having not read Talk of the Town (yet), I can safely say Susan and Mark’s story fully stands on its own. I absolutely adored Lois Lane Tells All, and I greatly hope Ms. Hawkins writes more books for Glory’s residents (can one dare to hope she chooses to write about Susan’s too-hot-to-handle neighbor Ethan?). While I wait to see if there will be a return to Glory, I’ll happily curl up with the irresistible Lois Lane Tells All once more.