WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Ice Man - KyAnn Waters My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/iceman.kw.html

There is nothing more powerful than the high that comes from feeding a vampire. At least that’s the case for Rowan Huntington, blood slave to Master Vampire Theron. Rowan is content with his life, both feeding and having sex with the sensual Theron and working as a flair bartender at Theron’s club, The Catacombs. But Rowan’s peaceful existence comes crashing down around his ears when he meets Brett Kirsch.

Newly divorced and out of the closet Brett isn’t looking for more than the kinky sex he can get at the secretive men’s fetish club, The Catacombs. All that changes when he first lays eyes on Rowan.

Neither man can use the complications their attraction to one another provides, but the call to be with each other is too much to resist. More powerful even than Rowan’s desire to be a blood slave. The problem is, Theron doesn’t want to let Rowan go. Can Rowan trust in Brett and their burgeoning relationship enough to risk his life to be with the man he loves?

Power and pleasure weave a seductive spell in this enthralling story by KyAnn Waters. Ice Man starts off Ms. Waters’s Blood Slaves series with a burst of energy and I can’t wait to see where she takes things from here. I loved Rowan and Brett. Brett has lived the “traditional” life and knows it’s not for him. Still, he doesn’t want more than to satisfy his lust at The Catacombs, so it’s somewhat of a shock for him to instantly fall for Rowan. He deals with it fairly well and his ability to take what life throws at him makes him the ideal partner for Rowan. Rowan has had a less-than-stellar life so far, and his symbiotic relationship with Theron leaves some things to be desired. I flat-out loved Rowan. Ms. Waters gave him an almost indefinable quality which drew me to him and because of this, I was on the edge of my seat all-the-more, waiting to see if he could make his relationship with Brett work. As for the main obstacle in Rowan’s path, Theron is fascinating. There are times he almost reaches villain territory, but he never crosses it. There’s more to this vampire than meets the eye. His actions seem to be not based on petty jealousy, but rather a broken heart and the need to protect his race. I can’t wait for Ms. Waters to reveal more of his character as this series goes on.

Ice Man is a divinely sexual, utterly engaging story. From the time I started reading I couldn’t stop until I finished the book. I loved Brett and Rowan’s story and I can’t wait to read Iron Man, the next Blood Slave tale.