WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Iron Man - KyAnn Waters My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/ironman.kw.html

Vampire Rafe Ramos knows that love cannot solve everything. He loves Adam Cross and Adam returned the feeling and happily served as Rafe’s blood slave, feeding his lover. But Rafe wanted more; he wanted Adam to become a vampire so that they could blood bond and spend eternity together. Unwilling to give up his humanity, Adam broke it off with Rafe and moved to Washington, D.C. to start a new life. But when Adam comes home for the holidays, it’s not long before he and Rafe are back to where they started: exploring the pleasures to be had at the gay fetish club, The Catacombs, engaging wild, no-holds-barred sex, and arguing about Adam’s refusal to become a vampire. Adam and Rafe can’t ignore the real world forever. The question is, will Adam give in and relinquish his humanity for a love that would last throughout eternity?

The darker side of pleasure comes calling in the sensual Iron Man. KyAnn Waters delves deeper into the hedonistic world of The Catacombs and the vampires who play there in the second, thrilling installment to her exciting Blood Slaves series. Adam and Rafe are two men who have no problem admitting they’re in love with one another. The obstacle in their path is Adam’s finite lifetime. It’s understandable that Adam is reluctant to become a vampire when he has a warm, loving family. It’s equally understandable why Rafe won’t settle for less than forever. Neither of them wants to compromise and neither can cut all ties with the other, leaving them at an impasse. Good thing their standoff is filled with time spent hitting the sheets and exploring The Catacombs. The kink factor goes up with Iron Man, as Rafe and Adam are far more into the club scene than the heroes of Ms. Waters’s first Blood Slaves book, Ice Man. And all I can say for The Catacombs is “Wow!”

Ms. Waters expands the world of the Blood Slaves series in Iron Man, but readers new to the series won’t have any trouble following along. However, if you have not read Ice Man, there are multiple spoilers for that story in Iron Man. Those, like myself, who loved Ice Man will delight in seeing one of its heroes again, Rowan, as he still works as a flair bartender at The Catacombs. Iron Man also shows another side to the character of Theron, Master Vampire and owner of The Catacombs. I found Theron far more likeable in this story (for understandable reasons), and find myself increasingly drawn to this enigmatic vampire. I can’t wait to see what Ms. Waters has in store for him and the rest of the vampires and blood slaves. I finished Iron Man a blissfully satisfied reader, but am now impatiently waiting for the next book in the Blood Slaves series. Until then, I’ll have to curl up and re-read Ice Man and Iron Man again. I confess, this is no hardship, for I love this mesmeric series!