WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Strange Fortune - Josh Lanyon My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/strange-fortune-by-josh-lanyon

Major Valentine Strange is out of the regiment and deep into debt. Luckily for Strange, the Holy Orders of Harappu are willing to pay him a considerable amount of money to travel to an ancient temple and fetch the diadem of the goddess Purya. The job sounds a bit too easy to Strange, but he can’t afford to turn down the pay. His mission is made all the more interesting by the addition of Master Aleister Grimshaw, an expert in antiquities…and reportedly half-mad witch.

Aleister knows there’s something far more sinister about the diadem than the Holy Orders is willing to acknowledge. He doesn’t want to join Strange on his assignment, but finds he has no choice. Once on the trail to retrieve the diadem, threats bombard Strange and Aleister at every turn. With no one to trust but each other, the two men become closer than either would have expected. But before Strange and Aleister can fully explore their mutual attraction, they must outwit a demonic power that threatens to destroy everything and everyone they’ve ever known.

Josh Lanyon writes some of the most engaging fantasy romances I’ve had the good fortune to read. Strange Fortune swept me away to the world of Hidush, where the action was non-stop and I never knew what would happen next. It’d be criminal of me to reveal too much of what happens in Strange Fortune, for anticipation and discovery were part of the joy in my reading experience. I reveled in Strange and Aleister’s adventure, but more so I was entranced by the men themselves, not to mention their love story. Both Aleister and Strange are gorgeously drawn, three-dimensional heroes that I can hardly do them justice here. When it comes to their romance, Mr. Lanyon beautifully weaves desire, care, and love into Strange Fortune, which made the book impossible for me to put down.

Strange Fortune has been previously released in print, but it’s available for the first time in digital format from Samhain Publishing. I admit, I enjoyed this book so much I own it in both formats. No matter how you like to read your books, Strange Fortune is a story that is not to be missed!