WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Demon's Fall - Karalynn Lee My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/demons-fall-by-karalynn-lee

An angel in Hellsgate is rare enough. A captured angel in Hellsgate…now, that presents a temptation for Kenan. The sexy incubus collects souls, and the angel’s would be a most rewarding addition. The opportunity too good to pass up, Kenan buys the angel, Jahel, intent on seducing her out of her immortal soul. What he finds instead, is that Jahel metaphorically captures his, fascinating him as no other being has and tempting him more than any woman ever could. Now the incubus is doing things he never believed he would, like helping Jahel find the soul that brought her so close to Hell in the first place. As desire, and something that is perhaps love, draws the angel and the demon closer together, their newfound relationship is threatened by the very real possibility of an apocalyptic war between Heaven and Hell.

Journey to the very brink of Heaven and the brush the depths of Hell in Karalynn Lee’s Demon’s Fall. An angel and a demon make the most unlikely of pairs, yet Jahel and Kenan are nothing less than a perfect match. Their romance is at the center of the exciting world Ms. Lee builds in Demon’s Fall, one that is fascinating and ripe with possibility. I admit, what has stuck with me the most after finishing Demon’s Fall is the world of Hellsgate and Ms. Lee’s spin on the world of angels and demons. This isn’t to say that Jahel and Kenan aren’t engaging characters, only that they had slightly less of an impact on me than the world-building Ms. Lee does in Demon’s Fall did. All in all, I found Demon’s Fall to be a highly entertaining read and I hope one day Ms. Lee revisits the captivating world she created.