WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Finding Passion - D.J. Manly My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/finding-passion-by-d-j-manly

When James travels to Montreal to spend time with his sister and the father he barely knows, he never expects his trip to snowball into a wild adventure of sex, lust, and rock ‘n roll. His sister, Rose, is wild about rock music, especially hard rock group Seduction. When Seduction comes to town, Rose runs off to join the band as a groupie and James is on the hunt to find her. His search brings him to New York City, where he’s blocked from gaining access to the band by Seduction’s head of security, Steve. Can James prove to Steve it’s his sister he’s looking for, not the handsome band members? He might have a shot, particularly if Steve notices that the man James is lusting after is him.

Finding Passion is all about following and, yes, finding your passion. D.J. Manly delivers a sexy, breezy story where love, both romantic and familial, can overcome almost any obstacle. Finding Passion is filled with likeable characters and even the “bad” characters aren’t truly villainous. You can’t not like Finding Passion because it has an easy kind of charm about it that makes it impossible to dislike.

Finding Passion is billed as a contemporary romance, which isn’t exactly true as the story takes place in 1976. However, since “historical” tends to evoke feelings of times a lot farther gone by, I’ll side with the publisher and say that Finding Passion has a contemporary feel.

All in all, I enjoyed Finding Passion, though I feel I should warn readers that there is some jarringly bad editing in the first few pages of the book which definitely pulled me out of the story (Facebook in 1976?). If you can move past the discrepancies at the beginning, Finding Passion is a satisfying, entertaining read.