WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Ten Things I Love About You - Julia Quinn My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/May10/tenthingsiloveaboutyou.jq.html

All of society thinks Sebastian Grey is a charming, entertaining mooch. Still, as the heir presumptive to Earl of Newbury, the doors of the ton are open to him everywhere. But now Newbury is courting a new bride. A woman whose lush curves practically scream fertility, according to the gossips – and Sebastian’s cousin Edward – so it looks like Sebastian won’t be the heir for long. The only person in society who doesn’t seem to care about Sebastian’s precarious position is Sebastian himself. Until he meets the woman Newbury wants to marry.

Annabel Winslow is a woman with few options. She’s horrified by the prospect of marrying a man as vile as Lord Newbury, but since her father died, money has been running dangerously low for Annabel and her seven younger siblings. With her grandparents pressuring her, Annabel sees no other option. And then she meets Sebastian Grey. Sebastian is everything she could have dreamed of and more, but can Annabel rightly choose her heart’s desire over the logic of her head?

Oh, how easy it is to find ten things to love about the delicious Ten Things I Love About You. One: Its handsome, witty, interesting hero who is Two: not all that he seems for reasons which are far too much fun to be revealed in a review. It follows that Three: Sebastian must be perfectly matched by his heroine which Four: he absolutely is in the intelligent, forthright Annabel. This of course means that Five: it’s all-too-easy to become heavily invested in their romance, which Six: I of course did, reading it late into the night.

Equally important is Seven: the number of times I laughed out loud during this book, in part due to Eight: the delightful secondary characters, the majority of whom fans of Julia Quinn will remember meeting in Sebastian’s cousin’s book, What Happens in London. Though this leads to the only downside of Ten Things I Love About You, namely Nine: I was left desperately eager for more books by Ms. Quinn, hopefully featuring the unmarried relations of both Sebastian and Annabel, all because of Ten: Ms. Quinn’s superior writing style, deft touch with humor, and talent for creating memorable characters and endearing, enduring romances.