WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Yes, Captain - Rebecca Royce My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/yescaptain.rr.html

It’s been five years since Acton, captain of the Instigator was kidnapped, but Lizbeth has never given up searching for him. Her persistence has paid off and she has finally located the man she has secretly loved. He’s living on a planet called Earth and all she has to do is convince the slimy acting captain of the Instigator to order Acton’s rescue.

Acton has no memory of his life as captain of the Instigator and no clue that he isn’t human. That doesn’t stop the instant attraction he feels towards the beauty claiming he is a space ship captain. Once aboard the Instigator, however, things start coming back to him, not the least of which are his feelings for Lizbeth. But before Acton and Lizbeth can give into their long-held passion for one another and seize their opportunity to find happiness, they have to uncover a traitor lurking amongst the Instigator’s crew.

I’m not, as a rule, that interested in science fiction, but something about Yes, Captain intrigued me enough to give the story a shot. I’m so glad I did. Rebecca Royce has penned a sensual, entertaining tale with two strong, intelligent protagonists you have to like. I very quickly came to care for both Lizbeth and Acton and wanted to see them make a move to end their years of longing for one another. When they did, it was both sweet and sexy – a true delight. All in all, I adored Yes, Captain and I’m looking forward to reading more of Ms. Royce’s work.