WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Temair's Fyre - Violet Summers My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/temairsfyre.vs.html

The world of Merab is ruled by women, while men are stronger at wielding magic. Temair is the future queen of Emetra, one of Merab’s three continents. With Temair’s mother deciding to step down, Temair must visit the four royal houses of Emetra and find her four consorts; men whose power will protect and strengthen Temair. Temair doesn’t feel ready to find her consorts so quickly, but knowing her duty she sets out to the Fyre lands, where the most unexpected attraction alights between herself and Miach, eldest son of Lady Fyre. But before their desire can turn into something deeper, an enemy threatens Temair’s life. Rebellion is brewing amongst some of the men in Merab. To protect Temair and fix the problems behind the rebellion, the future queen and her First Consort must rely on each other.

Violet Summers has created a world filled with elemental magic that is as hot as the fyre Miach wields! Temair’s Fyre opens up the whole new world of Merab, taking readers on a fascinating journey in the realm of fantasy. Temair and her best friends are enchanting characters, while Miach is a dominant hero with a soft spot for his unexpected wife. The heat they generate is hot enough to be worthy of their fyre powers. What I liked best about Temair’s Fyre is that the world of Merab is different than any I’ve ever read. I greatly enjoyed Temair’s Fyre and I cannot wait to see where the phenomenal writing team that is Violet Summers takes readers next, as Temair and Miach journey to the Rayne lands to find her second consort.