WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Nuriel's Wolf - Violet Summers My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/nuriels-wolf-by-violet-summers

On all three continents of Merab, women are rulers while men wield magic. Nuriel, Crown Princess of Zirah, had been thrilled to join her best friend, Temair, Crown Princess of Emetra, as Temair searched for her four consorts. But the lively Nuriel’s spirit was crushed when a rebel male captured her. Now Nuriel is afraid of nearly everything and her mother has determined it is time for her to return to Zirah and choose her consorts. Nuriel is afraid to trust any man aside from Temair’s consorts, but when she meets Ze’ev, a powerful Wolf Lord, her instincts tell her Ze’ev could protect her from any enemy.

Ze’ev doesn’t want a wife, but a tragedy in his past has left him unable to leave a woman unprotected. He accepts Nuriel’s proposal, and finds himself with a wife who is more beautiful, and more tormented, than he ever could have dreamed. Could their marriage be the thing that saves them both from the demons of their past?

The dynamic duo that is Violet Summers takes readers further into the world of Merab in Nuriel’s Wolf. Readers got to explore the elemental world of Emetra in the first part of the series, and now it’s off to the animal kingdom of Zirah.

Ze’ev is a hero worth sighing (even drooling) over. He’s honorable to the core and fiercely protective of Nuriel. He isn’t perfect, though. He makes mistakes with Nuriel, but those mistakes are made out of a fear of hurting her, which is unsurprising given both his past and hers. Nuriel, in turn, is a woman well aware her spirit has been broken. She’s scared of many things, though she doesn’t want to be, and I loved watching her try to find her courage. Ze’ev helps with that by making her feel safe and secure.

Nuriel’s Wolf is only the beginning of the journey for Nuriel and Ze’ev, but what a beginning it is! Nuriel still has to find her three other consorts and I look forward to seeing how her relationship with Ze’ev will develop, especially as more consorts enter the mix. I loved watching the progression of Temair’s story arc in the first part of the Queens of Merab series and I have no doubt that Violet Summers will make Nuriel’s journey just as fulfilling.

For readers who have not yet read the first part of the Queens of Merab series (Temair’s Fyre, Temair’s Rayne, Temair’s Aire, Temair’s Earth, and The Journey), Nuriel’s Wolf can be read as a standalone. The authors provide enough information to fill in any gaps in Nuriel’s backstory. However, all the Queens of Merab books are so delightful that I recommend reading each and every one. I know I’ve read and re-read this entire series more times than I care to admit, and I’m sure I’ll be re-reading the stories a few more times until the next installment comes out.