WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Under the Influence - V.J. Summers My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/under-the-influence-by-vj-summers

Going undercover at the Goth club Candyland to ferret out a drug dealer should be business as usual for Max; keyword being “should.” The sexy detective can’t seem to keep his focus when gorgeous little candy boy Ben is around. With the ODs reaching alarming numbers, Max knows Ben could be in danger, but he can’t seem to make the object of his desires leave.

Now that he’s finished his thesis, Ben has no reason to hang around Candyland anymore. Except he just can’t seem to resist trying to tempt Max, the alluring bouncer whose push-pull attitude drives him mad with desire…when it’s not simply driving Ben mad. Ben knows there’s more to Max than what’s on the surface, but before he can figure out the mystery that is Max, the dealer Max is after sets his sights on Ben.

Sexual tension reaches scorching new heights in Under the Influence. Max may make Ben crazy with his hot and cold attitude, but when Max runs hot, Under the Influence sizzles. I felt bad for Ben at times, because Max’s attitude, sans explanation of his being focused on an investigation, is frustrating. As for Max, Ms. Summers made me sympathize with his plight. He clearly wants Ben, but there is no way he could (never mind should) potentially endanger his investigation for personal reasons. Under the Influence is packed with action, danger, lust, and love, and I finished it a well-satisfied reader. How could I not? Under the Influence is both naughty and sweet – a perfect combination.