WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Lassoing Lara - N.J. Walters My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/lassoing-lara-by-n-j-walters

When Brody Courage wakes up after a drunken night out and finds himself tied to his bed, he’s more than somewhat disturbed. Thankfully, he hears someone enter his house. Thinking it’s one of his brothers, Brody calls out, and much to his surprise, it’s not either of his brothers, but his sexy neighbor Lara Jacobs who comes to his rescue. Lara frees him, but Brody can tell something’s off with her. When he finds a pair of racy red underwear that just so happens to match the bra he spotted Lara wearing, it all starts to fall together. Brody might not remember much of their first night together, but he’s bound and determined that the next night will be equally memorable for the both of them. He just has to rope Lara into giving him another chance.

The sex sizzles in Lassoing Lara as two life-long friends find that love has been waiting for them, practically in their own backyard. Brody is a sexy-as-sin writer/cowboy who knows what he wants and goes after it…or rather her. Lara is understandably reticent to give into the temptation that is Brody Courage, given the fact that she’s been in love with him for years and he didn’t even remember at first that they’d had sex. The two of them together heat up the page and entertain with their swift slide from friends to lovers.

Lassoing Lara is the first story I’ve read by N.J. Walters and it stood on its own perfectly well. I did note, however, that one of Brody’s brothers was already married and it took me about ten seconds to discover that J.T. Courage’s story is already out. I’ll definitely be checking out Tempting Tori because Lassoing Lara was fast-moving fun.