WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Generous Fire - Olivia Waite My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/generous-fire-by-olivia-waite

Miss Caroline Tisdale, Latin instructress at Fitzscrooge’s Select Academy for the Making of Extraordinary Gentlemen, is the picture of propriety. Only the school’s headmaster, Mr. Topper, senses the passion simmering beneath her calm façade. That’s why he takes the risk of asking Miss Tisdale to be the test subject for a new medical invention that’s more pleasurable than therapeutic. Will Mr. Topper’s gamble pay off?

Generous Fire is erotic good fun. There’s a certain charm in watching the absolutely proper masks of Miss Tisdale and Mr. Topper slip away in the face of desire. Olivia Waite’s prose is spot-on in this historical romance in terms of giving it the proper feel of the era; that’s what makes the sensual scenes feel extra naughty. The plot of Generous Fire zips along at a rapid pace, making the story a fast and fun read. I really enjoyed Generous Fire and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Waite’s work.