WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Should've Been a Cowboy - Vicki Lewis Thompson My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/shouldve-been-a-cowboy-by-vicki-lewis-thompson

After her sister’s wedding, Tyler Connelli had one memorable night in a hayloft with sexy DJ Alex Keller. Months later, she hasn’t forgotten that night, but with a career that means constant travel, Tyler knows there’s no way she has time for a relationship. Then she visits her sister at Last Chance Ranch and runs into Alex once more. The handsome DJ is now a hotter-than-hell cowboy and the heat between them definitely hasn’t cooled off. Tyler doesn’t want to get involved with Alex on any level other than a purely physical one; not when she’s so close to a promotion that would mean more travel, not less. But something about Alex is making Tyler second-guess what’s really important to her.

A roll in the hay is just the start of hot times to be had in Should’ve Been a Cowboy! Vicki Lewis Thompson delivers two incredibly likeable protagonists in Tyler and Alex, so it’s easy to fall into Should’ve Been a Cowboy. The passion between them simmers until it boils over, so turn up the A/C while you read their story. Tyler’s problem of having to choose between the career she’s always wanted and the love she never knew she needed is a realistic dilemma and the push-pull of her desires in that area present the main obstacle of Should’ve Been a Cowboy. Alex, to his credit, doesn’t push her choices, making him a perfect hero, though he isn’t actually perfect.

Should’ve Been a Cowboy is the fourth book in the Sons of Chance series, but it can be read as a standalone. Tyler and Alex’s sisters are both married to Chance men and the Chance brothers seem to consider the pair members of their family, so it’s natural that the six protagonists of the first three books (Wanted!, Ambushed!, and Claimed!) all play large supporting roles. Fans of the Chance brothers’ stories will no doubt be delighted by the updates on their lives Ms. Thompson provides.

Should’ve Been a Cowboy is erotic good fun and I’m looking forward to the next Sons of Chance story!