WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Whatnots & Doodads - Stacey Kennedy My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/whatnots-and-doodads-by-stacey-kennedy

Bryanna is an Earth Witch whose magic never works properly. She’s used to people – particularly her controlling boyfriend – looking down on her for the whatnots and doodads that pop up whenever she tries to conjure something. Then Bryanna finds herself in Strange Hollow, a town where the unusual is the norm. That strangeness includes Zeke, a demon who has renounced evil. The sexy demon seems determined to convince Bryanna that her magic isn’t broken, merely different. But can a flesh and blood demon defeat the spectral demons of Bryanna’s past?

Stacey Kennedy brings the delightfully odd world of Strange Hollow to life in Whatnots & Doodads. Bryanna’s journey is one filled with sensuality and magic as she learns that being different isn’t a bad thing. It takes her a while to believe in herself and the life she can carve out for herself in Strange Hollow, but the trip is well worth the obstacles Bryanna have to overcome. As for the other half of the romantic pairing in Whatnots & Doodads, Zeke is a too-sexy-for-his-own-good demon who will have you swooning.

Whatnots & Doodads is part of the multi-author Strange Hollow series, but it can be read as a standalone. Ms. Kennedy definitely makes me want to pick up more Strange Hollow stories, for the town is too fun to resist. All in all, Whatnots & Doodads is an enjoyable read that is sure to please.