WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Cowboys Like Us: Cowboys Like UsNotorious (Harlequin Blaze) - Vicki Lewis Thompson My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/cowboys-like-us-by-vicki-lewis-thompson

After a bad knee injury ends his professional baseball career, Logan Carswell finds himself at loose ends. But a quick trip to the Last Chance Ranch for his friend’s wedding turns into a new opportunity. Logan takes on working at the ranch and working at the local bar, Spirits and Spurs, but it isn’t just the chance to break away from his old life that has him staying in Wyoming. Gorgeous bartender Caro Davis makes Logan want to go from catcher to cowboy, and suddenly Logan’s future doesn’t look so grim.

Cowboys Like Us is a fast-paced, fun read that sizzles and satisfies. Vicki Lewis Thompson never fails to deliver a sexy-as-sin cowboy, and former Chicago Cubs catcher Logan makes one fine cowboy. The man’s got a way with his hands that’ll make you swoon and wish you were Caro. Caro, in turn, is a delightful, likeable heroine whose life has become all work and no play. It was wonderful to see her be able to relax and enjoy herself with Logan; she’s hardworking and sure as heck deserves it. Logan and Caro are a dynamic pair and that made Cowboys Like Us a pleasure to read.

Cowboys Like Us is the sixth book in the Sons of Chance series, but it can be read as a standalone. Even though I only read Alex’s book (Should’ve Been a Cowboy) before reading Logan’s, I didn’t feel like I was missing anything. I do, however, want to read the other books in the series, because the men and women living on or near Last Chance Ranch are all great characters. My only complaint is that I have to wait another year until a new Sons of Chance book is out. Cowboys Like Us ends with a teaser for the next set of Sons of Chance books and I want those stories now. While I wait, I’ll definitely be sitting back and reading/re-reading Cowboys Like Us and the rest of the Sons of Chance books (Wanted!, Ambushed!, Claimed!, Should’ve Been a Cowboy, and Cowboy Up).