WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Seven Nights - Jess Michaels My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/seven-nights-by-jess-michaels

Five years ago, Leah left her engagement ring on the table and walked out on her fiancé, Sean. Now, the past has come back to haunt Leah. She’s penned an article on what she considers to be the false promise of fantasy resorts and subsequently finds herself stuck visiting one. But Escapades isn’t just any fantasy resort – it’s owned by her former fiancé. Sean asks for a chance to prove that he can fulfill her fantasies and with no means of escape, Leah agrees. What Leah comes to discover is that seven nights with Sean gives her only a taste of her most secret fantasy: a lifetime with him.

Who wouldn’t want to spend seven nights with a gorgeous man who makes fantasies come true? I sure wouldn’t turn down Sean, but Jess Michaels doesn’t make things so easy for her protagonists in Seven Nights. While Seven Nights is an incredibly sexy tale, what called to me was the heartbreak both Sean and Leah experience. Love isn’t always enough, and these two are a case of that. Miscommunication and misunderstandings can ruin even the most loving of relationships and at times my heart ached for Leah and Sean. Ms. Michaels made it easy to become invested in their story and I desperately wanted these two to find their way back to one another, for keeps. Seven Nights is a scorchingly sensual story with characters you will care about, making it a wonderfully satisfying read.