WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Nine-Tenths of the Law - L.A. Witt My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/nine-tenths-of-the-law-by-l-a-witt

Zach is enjoying a night out with his boyfriend, Jake, when a stranger slides into his booth at the bar, claiming Zach has something of his. It turns out that the “something” is Jake. Zach is horrified to learn Jake has another boyfriend, one that Zach inadvertently played a part in breaking the heart of. He chases after the other man, Nathan, in order to apologize. Neither Zach nor Nathan plan on sparks flying between them. A night of revenge sex leads to an unexpected connection. But can a relationship that has such awkward origins go anywhere? And even if they try to make a go of it, will Jake’s reappearance in their lives destroy what Zach and Nathan have built?

Nine-tenths of the Law is an interesting and somewhat unconventional romance. I admit, I was intrigued by how Zach and Nathan met. That something so rotten could lead to something so beautiful charmed the hell out of me. Zach and Nathan are good men; they just had horrible taste when it came to Jake. I loved watching Zach and Nathan fall for one another. L.A. Witt doesn’t make it easy on them. Jake does his best to break them up and Nathan, scarred by past relationships, doesn’t trust easily. I felt bad that Zach was constantly trying to prove himself trustworthy to Nathan, but at the same time I understood why it was so hard for Nathan to trust. Ms. Witt doesn’t make the obstacles in Zach and Nathan’s romance easy to overcome, but that gives Nine-tenths of the Law a feeling of realism. All in all, I greatly enjoyed Nine-tenths of the Law. It’s sexy, heartbreaking, and an all-around entertaining story.