WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Princess in Disguise: A Novella - Karen Hawkins My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/princess-in-disguise-by-karen-hawkins

Alexandra Petrovna Romanovin, Princess Menshikov of Oxenburg, fell in love with Scotland through tales told by her tutor. A widow with no desire to marry the men who’ve asked her uncle, the king, for her hand, Alexandra has come to Scotland in search of a husband. And one practically falls in her lap in the form of James Keith, Earl of Kintore. The attraction between Alexandra and Kintore is hot enough to melt the snow piling up outside the inn they’re stuck at. There’s just one problem: Kintore has no desire to marry — ever. With a little help from an interfering duchess, Alexandra might just be able to convince Kintore to take a chance on love.

Even couples that fall in love at first sight sometimes need a helping hand. That’s what happens in Princess in Disguise. Alexandra’s a spirited princess who’s attempting to disguise her identity on her quest for love. She may not be very good at hiding her royal status, but her title makes no difference once she falls in love with Kintore. The earl is a man scarred by the death of a loved one. Even though he’s attracted to Alexandra, Kintore is unwilling to give her the life she wants… at least, he’s unwilling at first. Watching Kintore give into his feelings for Alexandra was a delight and I finished Princess in Disguise with a smile on my face.

In this fast-paced Duchess Diaries novella, author Karen Hawkins delivers warmth, humor, romance, and a touch of heartache. Princess in Disguise is a great story to curl up with on a cold winter’s eve.