WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Lust in the Library: An Erotic Novella - Amelia Fayer My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/lust-in-the-library-by-amelia-fayer

“Necking in Nonfiction”
Assistant Head Librarian of Special Collections Sara Owens has long been lusting after sexy academic William Hammond. What she doesn’t know is that he’s equally drawn to her and thinks she’s uninterested. But with a little help from a friend, Sara and William soon find themselves, well, necking in the nonfiction section.

I had high hopes for “Necking in Nonfiction” simply because it features a quiet librarian and a hot British academic. But though I was ready to be delighted, “Necking in Nonfiction” fell flat for me. The eroticism simply didn’t appeal to me and the dialogue and protagonists’ actions at times bordered on juvenile, which simply didn’t fit the characters’ positions. Overall, “Necking in Nonfiction” was a miss for me.

“Fornicating in Fiction”
All Veronica wants to do is focus on her thesis, but her crush keeps invading her thoughts…and her space. Andrew’s determined to clear up a misunderstanding involving him kissing Veronica’s roommate and he’s not above using a little fornication in fiction to persuade Veronica to listen to him.

The plot of “Fornicating in Fiction” revolves around a big misunderstanding that’s fairly easily cleared up. At heart, Andrew’s a good guy who actually had a valid reason for his actions. Of all the characters, he’s the one who came to life the most for me. As with the first story, “Necking in Nonfiction,” Veronica and Andrew’s romance is more about sex than anything else. Had these characters and the storyline been a bit more fleshed out, “Fornicating in Fiction” could have been a solidly entertaining read. As it stands, however, it didn’t really appeal to me.

I like erotica and I like romance, but Lust in the Library didn’t work on either level for me. The characters, storylines, and dialogue tended to be a bit immature and the sensuality wasn’t my style. Perhaps others will enjoy Lust in the Library more than I did.