WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Alien Sex 102 - Allie Ritch My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/alien-sex-102-by-allie-ritch

When newlyweds Quinn and Xindra started their alien sex ed class, they didn’t expect so many romances to spring up among their students. Sparks are flying between Duosien Katra’Ruma and Brachoi Krux, but is their desire for one another powerful enough to overcome Katra’Ruma’s reticence to get involved with a man as stubborn as she is? Then there’s Allurian Whitt and Litting Spri, whose budding romance might not survive if Spri can’t make Whitt understand the implications of sex among her race. With a little help from their sex ed instructors, these two couples might have a shot at making their unlikely romances work.

Like its predecessor, Alien Sex 101, Alien Sex 102 is engaging, imaginative, and sexy. Allie Ritch comes up with some unique alien appendages, yet while the sex is hot, it’s the characters themselves who make Alien Sex 102 memorable.

Alien Sex 102 is divided up into two separate romances. Katra’Ruma and Krux are the first love story and my favorite of the two. Both Katra’Ruma and Krux are intelligent, strong-willed protagonists who are perfect for one another. It wasn’t only when they hit the sheets (metaphorically and otherwise) that they heated up the page. I loved these two together and though Ms. Ritch doesn’t make the road to happily ever after an easy journey for them, it’s definitely an exciting ride.

The second romance is between Spri and Whitt. I liked that Ms. Ritch showed how different cultural views about sex could really affect a relationship. Unfortunately, Whitt being so pushy about sex without fully trying to understand Spri’s views on it made this storyline a bit of a miss for me.

Alien Sex 102 can be read as a standalone, but if you enjoy it, I recommend reading Alien Sex 101 to see how it all began. The Alien Sex series is simply delightful and I’m looking forward to reading Alien Sex 103 and Alien Sex 104.