WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
With This Kiss: Part Two - Eloisa James My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/with-this-kiss-part-two-by-eloisa-james

Lady Grace Ryburn knows that the man she loves, Captain Colin Barry, will never love her back. After all, he did ask for her sister’s hand in marriage. Grace is happy to accept a marriage proposal from a kind Scottish lord and she’s determined to focus on her future with her fiancé, rather than dwell on the heartbreak Colin caused. But when Colin is wounded in battle and returns to London, Grace finds it impossible to put him out of her mind. Will Grace turn her back on the rules of propriety she was raised to follow and risk everything to win the heart of a man who’s never seen her as more than a friend?

Grace and Colin’s relationship changes forever in With This Kiss: Part Two. As one might expect, given the title, With This Kiss is a story that should be read in order. This second installment of Colin and Grace’s love story picks up where With This Kiss: Part One left off. Colin’s realization that Grace is the one for him doesn’t mean that things flow smoothly for the pair. Colin’s wounds — both physical and emotional — combined with multiple misunderstandings threaten to destroy both Grace’s plan to win Colin’s heart and his hopes of marrying her. Though it is very much a bridge story, With This Kiss: Part Two doesn’t lack for excitement. Ms. James keeps things moving at a fast pace and neither Colin nor Grace are predictable in the slightest. Ms. James had me on the edge of my seat for the whole of With This Kiss: Part Two, and I finished it wanting to dive right into the final chapter of Colin and Grace’s romance, With This Kiss: Part Three.