WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Lover Be Mine - Nicole Jordan My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/lover-be-mine-by-nicole-jordan

Lord Jack Wilde doesn’t believe his sister’s claims that he, his siblings, and his cousins will find true love by each following their own legendary lovers tale. He’s also not too keen on the idea that Katharine has designated Romeo and Juliet as his story. Then Jack meets Sophie Fortin and suddenly he doesn’t find playing the role of Romeo so foolish after all. The Fortins have hated the Wildes for generations, but Jack’s determined to change all that by winning Sophie’s hand, no matter the cost. And the price of true love may be high, because to get a happy ending for himself and his Juliet, Jack may have to claim the royal heritage he turned his back on so long ago…

I’m enchanted by Nicole Jordan’s Legendary Lovers series! Lover Be Mine has star-crossed lovers, masquerades, family drama, and best of all, a lovely romance. I absolutely adored both Jack and Sophie; both are loving, loyal protagonists. They’re clearly perfect for one another, yet while the Wildes are no Montagues, the Fortins are definitely Capulets. Ms. Jordan had me avidly turning the pages of Lover Be Mine, eager to see Jack and Sophie get a happier ending than their Shakespearean counterparts.

Jack’s royal lineage (he’s the illegitimate son of a European prince and was adopted as a child by his uncle and aunt) adds some more excitement to Lover Be Mine. Though I was skeptical when I first encountered this plotline, I ended up enjoying it as much as I did the rest of the book. Lover Be Mine is every bit as entertaining as the first Legendary Lovers story, Princess Charming, but you don’t have to have read Ash and Maura’s book to enjoy Lover Be Mine. That being said, one of my favorite things about the Legendary Lovers series is how the Wilde family interacts with one another. Jack’s adoptive sister, Katharine, and his cousin Skye play prominent roles in Lover Be Mine and I cannot wait for the remaining Wildes to get books of their own. The only problem I have with Lover Be Mine is that I now have to wait for the next Legendary Lovers book to be released. Until it is, I’ll happily re-read Princess Charming and Lover Be Mine to get my Wilde family fix.