WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Trust in Me by Dee Tenorio

Trust In Me - Dee Tenorio

Recommended Read. My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recommended-reviews/july-2013-recommended-reads/trust-in-me-by-dee-tenorio

As a young man, Locke Jackman’s future was forever changed when his parents died and he gave up his college career to raise his six younger siblings. Now that his brothers and sister have all grown up and moved out of the house, Locke is at loose ends. With an empty house and no distractions, he is no longer able to ignore his sister’s best friend, sexy lingerie store owner Susie Packard.

Susie has it bad for Locke, but she’s been badly burned by love before and has no intention of ever putting herself in a position to be hurt again. Still, there’s no denying her feelings for him and when the sexual tension between them boils over, the consequences have Susie running scared.

Can Locke convince Susie to trust him, in their love, or will the ghosts of her past destroy any chance they have at happiness?

Trust in Me is the most heartbreakingly beautiful book I’ve read this year. Just when I think I can’t love Dee Tenorio’s work any more than I already do, she delivers a story that blows me away. Trust in Me is love, trust, passion, poignancy, and, well, life all rolled into one.

Susie’s a smart, successful woman who I’d love to have as a friend. She’s been hit hard by life and is achingly vulnerable because of it. I won’t reveal much for fear of spoiling the story, but suffice it to say that even though she pushes Locke away, she has valid reasons for her fears. Locke has his work cut out for him convincing Susie to “trust in him,” but his doing so made for one heck of a story. And speaking of Locke… If I had to pick a favorite hero of Ms. Tenorio’s, Locke would be it. Outwardly he’s all strength, but his commanding presence covers a marshmallow center. He’s spent years raising and watching over his siblings, but now that they’ve all moved out and are living their own lives, Locke is a bit lost. He has so much love to give that my heart broke for him ten times over while reading Trust in Me. He and Susie are an amazing couple — one of Ms. Tenorio’s best, and that’s saying a lot.

Trust in Me brought tears to my eyes a couple of times, but since Ms. Tenorio packs a number of surprises in the book, I can’t say much about the plot without spoiling it for the reader. I will say that fans of the Rancho del Cielo series will delight in seeing more of the boisterous, loving Jackman family, particularly Amanda of The Virgin’s Revenge and the elder twins, Dean and Daniel. My only complaint is that I finished Trust in Me wanting more Rancho del Cielo books, more Jackman family stories. Ms. Tenorio made me want to be part of the Jackman clan (I admit, I have crushes on Dean and Spencer) and I can only hope that readers won’t have to say good-bye to them anytime soon.

Locke and Susie’s journey to the happily ever after they so deserve is an engaging, emotional experience. Trust me when I say that Trust in Me is a book you do not want to miss!

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recommended-reviews/july-2013-recommended-reads/trust-in-me-by-dee-tenorio