WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Blind Her with Bliss by Nina Pierce

Blind Her with Bliss - Nina Pierce

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/blind-her-with-bliss-by-nina-pierce

CPA Julie Tilling is tired of being the staid, responsible member of the Tilling family. When her best friend dies under mysterious circumstances, Julie’s investigation takes her on a path that lets out her naughty side. As she searches for answers in a naughty nightclub, Julie meets Damon Corey, aka shock jock Demon Jones. The heat between them is impossible to deny and it’s not long before Julie throws caution to the wind and herself into Damon’s arms. Their explosive sexual encounter leaves both Damon and Julie wanting more, but when a piece of evidence potentially links Damon to her dead friend, Julie has to question whether her judgment has been blinded by the pleasure Damon brings her.

Blind Her With Bliss is a fast-paced, sexy story with a dash of mystery that’ll keep you hooked from beginning to end. I love that both Julie and Damon are more than the personas shown to the world. Damon may work as a shock jock, but his “Demon” act is nowhere near his real personality. Julie, in turn, is a smart, caring woman who gives far too much of herself to her family. Though I liked the Tillings a lot, I was eager to see Julie stand up for herself and create some boundaries. Indeed, one of my favorite parts of Blind Her With Bliss was watching Julie come into her own. Separately and together Damon and Julie are a hit.

The mystery revolving around Jason (Julie’s best friend who may or may not have committed suicide) adds a dash of intrigue. I’m still debating whether or not I’m satisfied with the resolution of this plotline, but the mystery did work for me in the beginning. I also wish the ending of the story had been expanded upon, for it felt a bit rushed. Even with these two small niggles, I really enjoyed Blind Her With Bliss. In Damon and Julie’s story Nina Pierce has begun a great trilogy and I’ve already got my hands on the second Tilling Passions book, Deceive Her With Desire.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/blind-her-with-bliss-by-nina-pierce