WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: Flirting with Rescue by Sidney Bristol

Flirting with Rescue - Sidney Bristol

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/flirting-with-rescue-by-sidney-bristol

When veterinarian Cody-Lynn Parker moves up north from Texas in order to help out her Grandpa G, she doesn’t expect to be on call when she’s barely dropped off her bags. But the local animal shelter has two wounded horses confiscated from drug smugglers and Cody is determined to help. She gets more than she bargained for when she meets the sexy Cuban manager of the shelter, Scott Carrillo. Scott sets her pulse racing and it’s not long before their mutual attraction leads to something more. However, Scott’s past has left him with insecurities that threaten their burgeoning relationship, making Cody wonder if perhaps she should have settled for a little flirtation rather than risking her heart.

Who can resist a hero and heroine who have huge soft spots for animals? I sure can’t. Flirting with Rescue is a sensual, warm romance with two protagonists you have to adore. Cody and Scott fall into each other’s arms pretty quickly, but that doesn’t mean their happily ever after is assured. Scott’s been burned by a woman who was ashamed of him because he’s Cuban and though Cody is nothing like Scott’s ex, misunderstandings almost derail their relationship. It can be tricky to have a big misunderstanding in a book where you have two intelligent, mature, reasonable adults, but to author Sidney Bristol’s credit, the miscommunication between Scott and Cody is believable.

An undercurrent of danger coming from the smugglers whose horses set the book on its course adds a bit of tension to Flirting with Rescue, making the climax of the book truly exciting. After finishing Flirting with Rescue I found myself looking forward to reading more of Ms. Bristol’s work.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/flirting-with-rescue-by-sidney-bristol