WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Lover Unexpected by Brindle Chase

Lover Unexpected - Brindle Chase

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/lover-unexpected-by-brindle-chase

Lisa Faulkner is a workaholic and she knows it. Unfortunately, getting ahead in business isn’t doing her love life any favors. When her best friend Nikki insists on setting her up with a blind date at a masked charity ball, Lisa doesn’t resist. Since Nikki refuses to tell her the man’s name, Lisa just has to wait until she’s approached by her date. At the ball, a handsome stranger sweeps her off her feet, tempting Lisa to do things she wouldn’t normally do. Lisa can’t believe her luck…until she finds out that the man who sets her libido on fire is not her blind date.

Inhibitions melt away in the sizzling Lover Unexpected. Lisa’s a woman many can identify with; she’s always put her career first and now she wants to find a man who would make a good partner. I liked that deciding between what her brain and her heart wanted wasn’t easy for Lisa. Amidst the fantasies — erotic and otherwise — in Lover Unexpected this provides a grounding bit of realism. I won’t spoil the story by saying who Lisa ends up with, but I can say that the chemistry between Lisa and her hero is palpable and I’m sure readers will be swept away by the story’s sensuality. Lover Unexpected is a great story to curl up and escape the mundane with.