WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Rock-Hard Heat by Cristal Ryder

Rock-Hard Heat - Cristal Ryder

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/rock-hard-heat-by-cristal-ryder

Over the winter Jenna fell in love with Colorado cowboy Chet, but she had to return home to her life in eastern Canada. Now back in the Rocky Mountains for the summer, Jenna can’t bear the thought of leaving Chet again; not to mention she still wants to find his great-great-uncle’s hidden gold mine. Jenna knows Chet loves her, but once again it’s up to her whether to play it safe and return home at the end of her vacation or take a risk and stay with her lover.

Rock-Hard Heat is even better than its predecessor, Elemental Heat! In Rock-Hard Heat Cristal Ryder answers all the burning questions I (and likely other readers) had after finishing Elemental Heat, plus brings Jenna and Chet’s love story to a satisfying conclusion. Chet is as sweetly romantic as ever, but Jenna is now more certain of herself and her desire to be with Chet. I can’t say much about Rock-Hard Heat without spoiling the story, but I will say that — in addition to red-hot eroticism — expect at least one swoon-worthy moment.

I highly recommend reading Elemental Heat before beginning this story, as Rock-Hard Heat reads almost like an extended epilogue to the first book. However, even if you read Rock-Hard Heat as a standalone I think you’ll find it to be a lovely story.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/rock-hard-heat-by-cristal-ryder