WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Hotter Than Ever by Elle Kennedy

Hotter Than Ever - Elle Kennedy

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/hotter-than-ever-by-elle-kennedy

Dylan Wade has never been Claire McKinley’s biggest fan, and he’s definitely not looking forward to having her as a sister-in-law. But when his brother dumps Claire five minutes before their wedding, Dylan can’t leave her to face the headache and embarrassment alone. The best solution he can come up with is to take Claire home with him. There’s just one thing Dylan forgot: his roommate and lover, Aidan Rhodes.

Dylan and Aidan’s relationship is complicated and undefined, and adding Claire to the mix doesn’t help any. Both men want each other, but they also know they need a woman to make their relationship complete. Their attraction to Claire and hers to them suggests that she might be that woman. But can they convince her to risk the condemnation of others for a chance at a relationship that could be everything the three of them need?

Hotter Than Ever lives up to its title! In Claire, Dylan, and Aidan’s story, Elle Kennedy has delivered another Out of Uniform book that’s so irresistible, I devoured it in one sitting.

While Hotter Than Ever is deliciously dirty, it’s the heart rather than the heat that stayed with me long after I finished the book. The sexual tension between Dylan and Aidan steamed up the pages of the previous Out of Uniform book, Getting Hotter. By the beginning of Hotter Than Ever the two are lovers, but their relationship is incomplete, and not just because they’re missing a woman. Dylan is a modern day knight in shining armor, a man who gives of himself completely and I absolutely loved him for it. Aidan, in turn, has a lot of love to give but it’s nearly impossible for him to open up to Dylan. This broke my heart over and over again in the story and I was rooting for Aidan to share himself with Dylan emotionally like he did with Claire. Speaking of Claire, as cheesy as it may sound, she — a smart, caring, likeable protagonist in her own right — completes Dylan and Aidan. Though Claire and Dylan have a rough start due to misunderstandings, with Aidan playing referee it’s no surprise that they’re able to work things out and start heating things up.

Prejudice and trouble with family add tension of the non-sexual kind to Hotter Than Ever, making it a complete story. I really liked that Ms. Kennedy addressed the problems Claire, Dylan, and Aidan faced as a permanent threesome. And I absolutely loved that all three protagonists and every aspect of their relationship got equal time. Ms. Kennedy’s fantastic writing aside, this alone could have made Hotter Than Ever stand out from the crowd when it comes to ménage romances.

Hotter Than Ever is the ninth Out of Uniform story, but it can be read as a standalone. That being said, fans of the series are in for a treat, as Ms. Kennedy seamlessly weaves in updates on all our favorite heroes and heroines. The bonds of friendship are incredibly important to Hotter Than Ever and I often found myself smiling when reading the scenes with Dylan and his fellow SEALs. I absolutely cannot wait for the last bachelor SEAL (that we know of), Jackson, to get a book. And it’s not just the hunky SEALs who captured my interest; Natasha, Claire’s best friend, was a delight and I’m really hoping we see more of her.

Hotter Than Ever is a scorchingly erotic, emotionally satisfying read. Dylan, Aidan, and Claire are a trio of characters I won’t soon forget and I’m looking forward to re-reading their romance many, many times.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/hotter-than-ever-by-elle-kennedy