WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Elemental Heat by Cristal Ryder

Elemental Heat - Cristal Ryder

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/elemental-heat-by-cristal-ryder

Jenna’s been badly burned by love before and she’s not looking for romance. But romance finds her in the form of Colorado cowboy Chet. Jenna and Chet have been talking online for months, but now it’s time for more. Jenna flies out to Colorado, intent on having an erotic fling and nothing more. Chet, however, seems intent on making their first meeting the start of something more. Can Jenna resist the lure of the cowboy who’s out to claim not just her body, but her heart?

Prepare to be swept away to the Rocky Mountains in Elemental Heat. Cristal Ryder brings the cold of a Colorado winter and the erotic heat of two lovers to life in this sensual romance. It takes a determined woman to resist Chet’s romantic overtures and thank heavens Jenna isn’t overly determined. Chet’s a dreamy cowboy with a big heart and it’s impossible not to like him. Jenna’s wary of giving her heart, for reasons which are important but are only briefly explained. While I enjoyed Elemental Heat I do wish Ms. Ryder had explored Jenna and Chet’s history a bit more. If I’d known more about them I think I could have been able to better connect with them. Because I had a bit of trouble in this area, Elemental Heat was a bit of uneven read for me. The beginning and end are fantastic, but the middle of the story left me wanting a bit more. That being said, I liked Elemental Heat and there are a few loose ends I’m looking forward to seeing resolved in the sequel, Rock-Hard Heat.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/elemental-heat-by-cristal-ryder