WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Sacrifice and Blood - Stephani Hecht My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/sacrifice-and-blood-by-stephani-hecht

Ian is a warlock hated by most of his coven, which doesn’t bother him in the slightest. His time as an enslaved member of the Ninth — an evil, dark magic-wielding coven — has left its mark on him. Ian is determined not to care about anyone but his brother and cousin, which is why it surprises even him that he has fallen for quiet, kindhearted warlock Kale. When Kale and others are threatened by a powerful evil warlock, Ian sacrifices everything to save them. He knows he’s going to die as a result, but that’s just fine with him since Kale is now safe. What he doesn’t expect is Kale to turn the tables on him and risk everything to bring Ian back from the brink of death.

A snarky warlock with hidden scars finds the courage to reveal his true feelings in Sacrifice and Blood. Ian and Kale are a good match, despite the fact that Kale goes from hate to mate in no time flat. I admit, I was beginning to lose interest in the Drone Vampire Chronicles, but Stephani Hecht recaptured my attention with Sacrifice and Blood. The biggest issue I had with the previous book, Vengeance Paid with Blood, was that Ian managed to defeat the “big bad” with seemingly little effort. Ms. Hecht not only explains Ian’s power in Sacrifice and Blood, but shows the high price Ian has paid for his actions.

Sacrifice and Blood is a fast-paced story with a sweet romance that I enjoyed. The Drone Vampire Chronicles should really be read in order for maximum impact, but Ms. Hecht provides enough information for readers new to the series to follow Ian and Kale’s journey without any difficulty.