WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Just in Time by Addison Fox

Just In Time - Addison Fox

Blue Ribbon Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Original Review Link

Since high school, hockey is all Roman Forsyth has known. When an accident on the ice threatens to end his NHL career, Roman returns home to Indigo, Alaska, to be with his mother and grandmother and figure his life out. Also in Indigo is Avery Marks, the girl Roman loved and left behind to pursue his dreams. It’s been years since they broke up, but Roman’s feelings for Avery haven’t diminished. The passion between them burns as hot as ever, but Avery’s life is changing as well, and her path may take her away from Indigo. Love might not be enough for Roman to get Avery to give him a second chance.

I can’t get enough of the ALASKAN NIGHTS series! Author Addison Fox skillfully blends romance, friendship, heartbreak and second chances to deliver one captivating story in JUST IN TIME.

Avery and Roman are two bright, intelligent, hardworking people who are easy to become attached to. They’re clearly made for each other, but both have to face the fact that sometimes even true love isn’t meant to be. Even though I had faith in Roman and Avery, Ms. Fox had me wondering how these two would make their lives mesh and their relationship work. Past hurts and present problems threaten to derail them both, but I loved watching Avery and Roman work through all that stands in the way of their happiness.

The sexual tension has been building between Avery and Roman since the first ALASKAN NIGHTS novel, BABY IT’S COLD OUTSIDE. Ms. Fox makes the payoff of these two getting together well worth the wait. Both in bed and out, Avery and Roman have spectacular chemistry. A secondary romance between Roman’s grandmother, Julia, and everyone’s favorite physician, Doc Cloud, has also been simmering since the first book in the series. Julia and Ken’s love story was every bit as compelling as Avery and Roman’s, so readers are in for a wonderful treat with this plotline.

It wouldn’t be an ALASKAN NIGHTS novel without the townspeople of Indigo. I fall more and more in love with this town with each story. Ms. Fox makes Indigo come alive in every scene and I almost wish it were real so I could move there. Though our main players have all found love, I desperately hope JUST IN TIME isn’t the end of the ALASKAN NIGHTS series, for I can’t bear to leave the people of Indigo behind.

Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here courtesy of Romance Junkies.

Source: http://romancejunkiesreviews.com/artman/publish/contemporary/Just_in_Time.shtml