WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Master of the Mountain - Cherise Sinclair Recommended Read - My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recommended-reviews/july-2010-recommended-reads/master-of-the-mountain-by-cherise-sinclair

Rebecca didn’t know her boyfriend was a swinger, but after letting him talk her into a vacation at a mountain lodge with his swingers’ club, she knows for sure that she is not cut out for swapping partners. The only problem? She has no place to sleep. Rebecca’s saved from hypothermia by Logan, the owner of the lodge. Logan offers up his bed and, to Rebecca’s surprise, uncovers her deepest desire. Rebecca may not be a swinger, she is most definitely a submissive. Logan opens up a sensual world beyond Rebecca’s wildest fantasy. But there’s no way a sexy Dom like Logan could want a plump, scarred, new sub like Rebecca…is there?

Master of the Mountain is, quite simply, a beautiful book. Cherise Sinclair swept me away with her perfect blending of tenderness, healing, erotic discovery, and romance. Rebecca and Logan captured my heart from the start. Each has old wounds that have never fully healed. For Rebecca, it’s constantly being barraged with the idea that she’s fat and boring, and thus no one would want her. Logan, in turn, is haunted by nightmares of his service in Iraq and the fact that he has unknowingly physically hurt those closest to him when in the middle of those nightmares. It’s not an easy road to happily ever after for Rebecca and Logan; both have to open up to one another before they can even begin to heal and move forward. Ms. Sinclair made me care deeply about Logan and Rebecca; there were points in the book my eyes teared up – this is what truly captivated me about Master of the Mountain.

While the heart and soul of Rebecca and Logan ensures that Master of the Mountain will remain with me for many, many years to come, it’d be a crime to underplay the sensuality of the book. Ms. Sinclair has a knack for delivering blisteringly erotic scenes and Rebecca’s journey into the world of BDSM delivers some whammies. Rebecca may have a hard time understanding that Logan likes everything about her exactly as is, but he definitely doesn’t hold back from showing her he appreciates her body and that, to me, is sexy as hell.

Ms. Sinclair has written many books I love, but Master of the Mountain is one of my favorites. It’s a gorgeous, sensual love story that touches the heart and I Joyfully Recommend it!