WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Club Shadowlands  - Cherise Sinclair Recommended Read, Best of 2010 pick

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recommended-reviews/june-2010-recommended-reads/club-shadowlands-by-cherise-sinclair

After her car crashes during a storm, Jessica Randall seeks refuge in the closest house to the scene of the accident. What she never expects is that the house is actually a private club – Shadowlands – and it’s BDSM night. Jessica’s shocked…but also secretly intrigued by the world of Dominants and submissives. Most of all, she’s aroused by the club’s owner, Master Z.

Zachary, aka Master Z, never takes a sub for more than a night, but Jessica’s fiery spirit, intelligence, and caring heart call to him and the flashes of vulnerability she reveals call to his protective instincts. As Jessica enters the world of the Shadowlands, Zachary is by her side every step of the way. But will the conservative accountant be able to fully give herself over to the temptation Zachary presents? Or is their relationship doomed to be a short-lived fling?

Enter the darkly seductive world of the Shadowlands with the captivating Club Shadowlands. Cherise Sinclair weaves sex, seduction, and submission together to form the most erotic tapestry. I loved this entrée into the Master of the Shadowlands series, mostly because of the story’s protagonists. Jessica is the picture of your average woman: intelligent, curvy, and unfamiliar with the practicalities involved in the BDSM lifestyle. She’s easy to like and it was a delight to follow her journey into the life of light D/s. Master Z is a most deliciously sexy hero. He’s empathic and that helps him understand Jessica better, but what captured my heart was not his abilities, but the way he put them to use caring for Jessica and watching over his club, paying attention to what he does and protecting his patrons. Separately, Jessica and Zachary are wonderful characters. As a couple? Total. Heat wave.

I picked up Club Shadowlands after two friends told me I would like the Masters of the Shadowlands series and I absolutely must pay this favor forward by Joyfully Recommending Club Shadowlands. I stayed up far too late reading Jessica and Zachary’s story and immediately upon finishing Club Shadowlands I ordered the rest of the series and a few other books of Ms. Sinclair’s. Sensual and enthralling, Club Shadowlands is not to be missed!