WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Phoenix Kiss by Lyric James

Phoenix Kiss - Lyric James

My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/phoenix-kiss-by-lyric-james

Layla Martin is going after the story of a lifetime. No one has been able to score an interview with mysterious millionaire Jordan Gaines and she’s determined to uncover whatever dirty laundry he’s hiding. But when she breaks into his house, Layla discovers Jordan’s got one heck of a secret: he’s a phoenix shapeshifter. When Jordan catches her spying, he makes her a bargain: spend one night with him and he won’t call the cops on her. Layla needs this story, but the longer she’s with Jordan the more she’s torn between saving her job and protecting the man who’s fast capturing her heart.

Phoenix Kiss is a swift and sexy story that’s entertaining to read. Lyric James shows why Jordan is so private (it goes beyond his supernatural shapeshifting) and delves deeply into Layla’s character and how she’s become the reporter that she is. This, more than the erotic romance part of Phoenix Kiss, is what drew me into the story. I loved seeing Layla’s character develop over the course of the story and I would have liked to learn more about Jordan and his supernatural abilities. The ending of Phoenix Kiss left me with some questions, but overall I thought it was a very enjoyable story.

Source: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/phoenix-kiss-by-lyric-james